Few things are better than the passion and satisfaction that is brought by the wonderful aroma of BBQ food.
There is no doubt in anyones mind that if barbecue was a national food, in the United States it would win without losing a breath. One of the core reasons behind this is the simple fact that barbecue is enjoyed World over by almost every culture that you can imagine, and as such, enjoys a level of popularity not seen in other types of cuisine.
On top of that, every person that is capable of holding a pair of barbecue tongs also has their own personal favorites and knows how to best cook and present their favorite BBQ dishes.
Within the United States, there are four well known styles of barbecue that exist; from Memphis, Texas, Kansas City and Carolina, and within each of these states, barbecue restaurant franchises are available and offer an exciting opportunity to new restaurant owners seeking a successful business model within a well established market.
To whet your appetite for business in the Barbecue Franchise Market, here is the “meat” of the facts!
1) 7, 429 Barbecue Franchises operating since 1998; this figure has risen dramatically from 1998 – 2008. (1998 Recount U.S., a service of NPD Foodservice Information Group, Rosemont, IL.)
2) Burgers (82%), steak (79%), chicken (72%) and hot dogs (71%) top the list of the most popular BBQ foods prepared on a hot barbecue grill!
3) Charcoal grill owners are most often prompted to cook on their charcoal grills by a desire to eat great tasting food (77%)
4) Four in ten consumers who eat from a charcoal grill (39%) normally use barbecue sauce to add flavor to their dishes. Most popular flavors include hickory (65%), mesquite (49%) and honey (49%). (Source: The Hearth, Barbecue and Patio Survey 2007)
5) The first bottled barbecue sauce originated in Kansas City. (Dotty Griffith, Celebrating Barbecue…, 2002)
Is investing in a BBQ Franchise a sensible thing to do? asiatisch baden baden
Passion for food is paramount to run any successful BBQ restaurant franchise, and if you have the energy and will to succeed, then you should seriously consider taking up the reigns on a barbecue franchise.
If you have a strong gut feeling that there is a great opportunity for a barbecue franchise in the area that you are considering launching, then start looking for a franchise that fits your financial criteria while satisfying your diners.
It should be known that the first year is the hardest for any franchisee and it is rare for a new BBQ franchise to break even. This is the nature of starting a new restaurant franchise.